We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 7 October 2011.
What we collect
Personal Information is that information or opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably ascertained. As such personal information can include your name, address and contact details.
We may collect the following information:
- real name and Twitter username
- contact information including email address
- geographic information including country of residence
- publically accessible Twitter information such as published tweets and profile
- technical computer and network information such as IP address, device specification and usage metrics
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand our customers’ needs and provide them with a better product and service. In particular for the following reasons:
- identify usage trends to improve the product experience
- analyze error and crash reports to improve application reliability
- gather feedback on the product’s user experience for future enhancements
- provide cross-device services without user configuration
- display targeted advertising that is relevant to your interests
When you use our website
We also collect some information from you when you use our website www.metrotwit.com. Your use of services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information which we collect about you.
The only personal information we collect about you when you use our website is what you tell us about yourself, eg. by completing an online form or information you provide us when you send us an e-mail.
When you visit our website, our server attaches a small data file called a “cookie” to your computer’s memory.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we employ industry-standard physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Supplying your information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information when we contract out some of our functions to an external service provider. This information is disclosed for the express purpose of the service that we have contracted out to them. It may not be used for any other purpose by the external service provider.